Blessings

Blessings

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Surgery is over

Yay!!  The surgery is over and I actually do not feel bad at all.  This being the second day, I expected worse. 
God has been so faithful to my family and this was just another time I can praise Him for all He has done. 
I was quite anxious going into surgery, not knowing what to expect, being in a strange place, etc..but God brought me through so much above where I thought I would be. 
When I was praying before surgery, one concern I kept coming to was whether I would wake up from anasthesia.  I have a very hard time with anesthesia and waking up is the hardest thing.  Once I get through that I am fine.  When praying I just kept thinking, oh what if I die, yes I will be in Heaven and I will be in such a better place.  But all I could think of was Jon and my children and leaving them without a wife and mother.  I hear so often of girls at 16 who have lost their mom, or little children losing their mom, or husbands losing their wives or so on and so on.  And I just kept fearing it.  I did not want them to lose me.  Not being conceited just the thought. 
So as I kept praying that God would please see me through this, not to let me die, He reminded me that if I were to die, He was in control.  He had the plans already laid out as to what I would do, and He had the plans ready for what my husband and children would do.  I did not have to fear what would happen, or if they could cope, that He was there, He would provide like He always has, and He would comfort them and bring them through and help them to live on. 
What a peace.  Knowing God was in control.  So as I went to the hospital I knew if I did not wake up, it was okay, because God knew too. 
I made it obviously, so God has more He wants for me to do in this life.  And I guess He thought my family still needed me ha ha, cause they still have to put up with me a little longer :)
So many prayers were lifted up, and so many people shared their concern for me, and that made it great too.
Today I am recovering, the doctor had to remove much more than he thought he would and I have to go back soon for a scope to see how it is going.  I also have to remain on strong antiiotics and antifungal meds. to make sure it does not come back, the posibility of having it again are great and I really just don't enjoy suregery at all ha ha. 
I blog this because it reminded me that God knows the plans for our lives, He knows when we will live and when we will die, He knows what we can handle and He knows what we can't making us rely on Him more.  Remember, to place your cares on Him, He has your back!!!
And today, I am once again.....So Blessed!!!
Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment